Introducing UTeach CS + Codio
Starting in 2021-22, the UTeach Computer Science curriculum will be provided on the Codio platform!
We are excited to combine our College Board–endorsed curriculum and unparalleled teacher support with Codio’s all-in-one learning platform to provide an enhanced experience for teachers and students.
Codio’s platform allows us to provide our comprehensive teacher materials with an interactive student textbook alongside built-in programming environments. This seamless learning experience provides everything teachers and students need in one place:
- Comprehensive lesson plans, teacher guidance, and gradebook
- Interactive online textbook with embedded student assessments
- Integrated development environments (IDE) for Scratch, Python, and Java
With the Codio platform, UTeach CS will now be able to offer:
- Dashboards that provide an instant snapshot of class & student progress
- Auto-graded assessments (multiple choice questions, Parsons Problems, fill in the blank questions, coding assignments, AP-style review questions, and AP-style unit exams)
- Gradebook that keeps track of auto-graded assessments, reflection questions, open-ended projects, student progress, and teacher feedback provided as in-line code commenting
- Customization so teachers can modify lesson plans, add their own assignments, and edit course settings to fit their students’ needs
- Easy LMS integration (LTI integration streamlines account creation, single sign-on, and grade passthrough to other learning management systems including Canvas, Schoology, Blackboard, Moodle, and more)
Better Performance with Codio
Codio is an evidence-based learning platform for computer science education. The platform was designed with interactive tools specific to computer science, which optimize students' engagement, satisfaction, and performance. Additional tools save teachers time on administrative tasks and provide insights into student learning, allowing for more personalized feedback and intervention.
- Teachers save over 25% of administrative time
- Teachers grade 75% faster
- Student grade performance improves by over 15%
- Student satisfaction increases by over 10%
Codio is FERPA compliant, GDPR compliant, and is at Level 2AA level of compliance for accessibility according to Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG).
Get a Glimpse into UTeach CS + Codio
UTeach CS Principles students access an interactive textbook with embedded assessments, and can resize or collapse the textbook to focus on programming in the built-in IDE for Scratch and Python.
UTeach CS A students master Java concepts through embedded assessments and programming in the built-in text editor, compiler, and debugger.
Auto-graded formative and summative assessments will be embedded throughout the AP CS Principles and AP CS A curriculum. For example, Parsons Problems ask students to rearrange blocks of scrambled code, allowing students to focus on the purpose and flow of the code without worrying about syntax.
Additional tools will allow teachers to provide more personalized feedback for their students. In-line code commenting allows teachers to leave helpful comments for students directly next to the relevant code, and code playback provides in-depth insight into students’ thought processes as they code and debug.
Interested in seeing more? Request more information to view sample curriculum
Specific Program Curricula